A natural, eco-friendly and sustainable fresh produce bag made from non-toxic, unbleached cotton. Place this large Swag bag in the fridge to store fruit, vegetables and leafy greens of any size and save money, as well as reduce food waste and plastic packaging. Prolong the life of your produce and give it an environment it can thrive in.
The Swag is made out of three different/unique layers of 100% natural cotton, which is non-toxic and unbleached so is safe to keep your food in as well as being unseeded to make it non-allergenic. These three layers help your food breathe while locking in moisture, keeping your fruit and vegetables in good condition. There’s also a layer separating the moisture from the produce which stops them getting soggy. Not only is it great for storing produce, it’s also really helpful in organising your fridge or cupboards - making it so much easier to find your produce.
100% sustainable and compostable (apart from care label)
Ethically and Fair Trade produced (SEDEX)
A portion of the sale of this product goes to Destiny Rescue
An information booklet is included in each product
42cm x Height: 52cm (opened up and including flap height)
42cm x 38cm not including the flap.
The factory that produces The Swag is certified by SEDEX for Ethical Trading practices. Made in India where the cotton is grown, the production of The Swag is SEDEX certified ensuring a sustainable and ethical supply chain. SEDEX conducts ethical audits of the factory and the supply chain every year.
The Swag proudly supports Destiny Rescue, through every Swag sold. A proportion of profits goes to this charity who help rescue children enslaved in the sex trade around the world and also helps to keep children from entering the sex trade through various prevention programs. Destiny Rescue ensures justice for those who have been wronged and raises awareness of these important issues.
Some tips for using your Swag:
Machine wash your Swags at 30c BEFORE USE as the inner layer plumps up and works much better after machine washing.
When you get your fresh produce home from the shops, we highly recommend thoroughly washing your produce with cold water or bathing in cold water with a BIG splash of vinegar (apple cider or white wine) and give them a good rub.
If possible, chop off the stalks of your produce so they can breathe and hydrate better (just like cutting the ends off flowers for a vase)
Dampen a clean dry Swag before you put your fresh produce into it. Make sure you dampen your Swag from the outside layer only and really wring out excess water. The inside of the Swag should be dry in parts and not noticeably wet. Too much dampness is not good for your fruit. Whenever you start to feel the outer layer dry out then it’s time to reapply water. You don’t have to take all the contents out – just sprinkle it with water from the outside. You don’t even have to take The Swag out of your fridge just sprinkle it with water over the top of The Swag. As you’re not wetting the whole Swag, you can afford to sprinkle a bit more water on The Swag so that the top flap and surrounding edges can be a little more moist than usual.
If you are not seeing two weeks of life (on average) out of your fresh produce then your Swags are either too dry or too damp. Simply play with the hydration levels.
For best results;
– It’s best to put fruits into The Swag before they’re ripe, move the fruit from The Swag to your fruit bowl for a day or two and those fruits will then be perfect to eat.
– take fresh corn out of the husk completely whilst in The Swag – corn will stay fresher longer this way.
– If you chop the dry ends off things before you put them into The Swag then they will be able to breathe and hydrate more efficiently.
– Be mindful to put the harder produce at the bottom – start with carrots and then cucumbers, peppers, broccoli, apples, pears, oranges, and then start stacking some courgette’s, tomatoes, squash, avocado, then lettuce and herbs on top – it works a treat.
– The Swag works incredibly well for mushrooms however DO NOT WET The Swag for mushrooms. Just put your mushrooms into a dry Swag and into the draw of the fridge.
– The Swag works incredibly well for root vegetables such as; potatoes, onions and sweet potatoes however DO NOT WET The Swag and Do NOT put it in your fridge. Put your root vegetables in a DRY Swag in your pantry… they’ll stay much fresher for longer.