Seedboms - Special Offer: 3 for 2
Seedboms - Special Offer: 3 for 2
Special offer 3 for 2 - simply select three seedboms and the discount will be applied at checkout! Can only be applied once in an order.
Give the gift of wildflowers. Help sustain bee, butterfly and other important insect populations by growing nectar-rich wildflowers. Great for personal use or as a lovely eco-friendly gift.
Kabloom make fun and innovative products that also happen to be eco-friendly. Designed for interaction and inspired by our relationship with nature in the urban environment. Seedboms were designed particularly to get people outside and create nature in their cities. But of course they can be used anywhere!
Seedboms are the friendly bombs that grow. Transform unloved spaces with a blast of life and colour! Each seedbom is filled with an explosive mix of organic peat-free compost and wildflower or herb seeds. They are easy to use. You don't need to be a gardener and there's no need to actually plant them. Seedboms split upon impact with the ground and grow where they land.
A potent symbol of war transformed into a symbol for peace.
Made with a starch and natural fibre based PaperFoam shell, organic peat-free compost, non-GMO seeds & 100% recycled and recyclable glue free cardboard packaging. Seedboms biodegrade into the environment leaving only plants behind.
Seedboms are approximately 5.5cm in diameter and 8cm high.
How to use
- Shake your Seedbom to disperse the seeds inside the shell.
- Soak your Seedbom. Simply pull out the pin stopper and slowly pour in water until it has soaked through, goes soft and changes colour from light to dark. Do not over soak or over water, this can damage the seeds/seedlings and will inhibit growth.
- Throw your seedbom. When choosing the perfect growing site, look for bare open ground with little or no weeds, weeds will compete with the seedlings and stop them from establishing into strong and healthy plants. Seedboms can also be grown in planters, pots or window boxes. Simply soak as normal and place on top of well drained soil, then split open by hand to allow seedlings to grow out.
- Give your Seedbom light. Make sure your seedbom is getting enough natural light in its location.
- Give them heat. Ensure you use your seedboms during the seasons specified on the packaging to give them the best chance of growing. Although we cannot guarantee heat during these seasons these are the growing seasons specified by the suppliers and should stimulate healthy growth.
- Avoid frost. Many wildflowers will lay dormant for weeks or months before sprouting into action when the time is right. Your Seedbom may look like it's dying off after initial growth, that is normal. Don't throw it out just yet, there could be wildflowers waiting to pop up the following spring once given a chance
- Seedboms like to be kept damp, try not to let them dry out and don't over-water and drown the seedlings. A good rule of thumb is damp to the touch but not soaking wet.
- Seedboms like to be warm, not too hot, the warmth from the sun is ideal. Too hot and the Seedbom will dry out and there is a danger of the seedlings dying. Too cold and the seeds may not germinate at all.
- Seedboms are designed to be used from around April till June. However, depending on the variety, you can use grow them as early as March and as late as October (to flower the following year) in some cases.
All instructions can be found on the inside of the Seedbom packaging sleeve.
Available in several different options:
Pollinator beebom: A positively buzzing mix of wildflower seeds that will grow into bright and beautiful nectar rich flowers loved by bees.
Lovebom: Known for its masses of tiny vibrant blue flowers. Forget-me-nots are symbolic of faithfulness and enduring love.
Cornflower fairy lights: Contains polka dot cornflowers. Brighten up dull spaces with these easy to grow little fairy lights of colour.
Catnipbom: The herb all the cool cats are into! Catnip is a mint like plant that treats cats to a state of natural euphoria.
Wilderbom: A mix of perfect pastel flower seeds. Bring some calming floral harmony to unloved spaces.
Urban bloomer: An easy to establish mix of wildflowers perfect for bringing life to built-up areas and attracting pollinating insects.
Butterflybom: A nectar rich wildflower seed mix loved by butterflies as well as other pollinating insects. Help to promote butterfly populations.
Featherbom: A wildflower mix to attract butterflies and bees during the summer and produce grains and seeds for birds during the cold winter months.
‘There’s a Tiger in the Garden’ Tigerbom Seedbom contains an easy-to-grow flower mix inspired by orange and black tiger stripes. Grow a tiger in your garden!
Rainbowbom is filled with a cheerful mix of rainbow-inspired wildflower seeds. Bring life to dull spaces with nature’s captivating colour palette.
Foragebom contains a mix of edible common wild hedgerow herbs. Throw and grow your own and go foraging for a Foragebom!
Delivery and Returns
Delivery and Returns
We deliver within the United Kingdom only. We usually post Monday, Wednesday and Saturday but often more regularly than that and often dispatch orders within 24 hours.
Note that we use Royal Mail for our deliveries. Occasionally they experience delays. We therefore can't guarantee delivery dates, although we will do our utmost to get your package to you as quickly as possible.
All items are shipped via Tracked Royal Mail with a choice of first or second class delivery at the following rates:
- Up to £60 - £2.89
- Above £60 - FREE
Find out more about our packaging.
If you wish to return items, please do let us know within 14 days of your receipt of the order. Goods need to be unused and in original packaging.
If you wish to return an item, please contact us here with your name and contact details, order number, details of the items you wish to return and reason. If the goods are defective, we will refund the retail price and the cost of shipping both ways.
These are part of a present, not given yet so I can’t comment on the product. They seem very easy to use and I would be please to receive them myself! I received these very quickly and they were very well packed. Thank you.
Thanks for your review Maggie! Hope the recipient loves them!
I bought these as a stocking filler for my husband to use in our meadow garden. It’s great to find a useful, eco friendly, reasonably priced item to use as a stocking filler and I know both my husband and the insects that visit our garden will love it!
Thanks for your review Diane. The seedbom makes a lovely eco stocking filler so we know your husband will love it!
Nice choice of gifts, very efficient ordering & delivery. Seedbom has not yet been planted, but I'm hopeful!
Hi! Thanks for your lovely words. We're so glad you like our selection of gifts and hope the seedbom flourishes for you!
Hi Kerrie, thanks for your review!
My mum was soooo delighted to receive her Green Turtle delivery, with a card personalised for her! Lots of very welcome and happy items to delight her! Thank you!
We’re delighted your mum was so happy! Thanks for your review.