These reusable bamboo charcoal water filters filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines in an eco-friendly and natural way. Packed in a reusable natural cotton bag are four bamboo charcoal water filters, which are reusable, then compostable and zero waste.
3-4 pieces are suitable for a 1 litre jug of water, 6-8 pieces for a 2 litre jug.
Although the filters are compostable at the end of their life (after 2 months of use), you could also opt to reuse them in many useful ways throughout your home:
- Reuse for mouldy kitchen and bathroom corners
- Help remove moisture from damp areas
- Place in the fridge to keep produce fresh
- Help remove smells from your fridge or bathroom
- Use approximately 1 litre jug for 3 - 4 pieces:
- Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent)
- Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise and allow to cool and dry
- Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use)
- Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
- Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2
- Replace with new charcoal after approx. 2 months
excellent I have been using them for a while now, and I have bought two more sets one for me and one for my daughter who has gone to uni.When charcoal filters have worked their magic with the water i use them to keep odors in the fridge under control and in trainers for odor eaters, works a treat when done with them I put them in my home composter.
I love all the items purchased! Fast delivery.