These reusable bamboo charcoal water filters filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines in an eco-friendly and natural way. Packed in a reusable natural cotton bag are four bamboo charcoal water filters, which are reusable, then compostable and zero waste.
3-4 pieces are suitable for a 1 litre jug of water, 6-8 pieces for a 2 litre jug.
Although the filters are compostable at the end of their life (after 2 months of use), you could also opt to reuse them in many useful ways throughout your home:
- Reuse for mouldy kitchen and bathroom corners
- Help remove moisture from damp areas
- Place in the fridge to keep produce fresh
- Help remove smells from your fridge or bathroom
- Use approximately 1 litre jug for 3 - 4 pieces:
- Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent)
- Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise and allow to cool and dry
- Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use)
- Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
- Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2
- Replace with new charcoal after approx. 2 months
I don’t know if others have had the same experience but commercial water filters (those in the plastic jugs) sometimes leave a funky taste - it’s almost better to just drink from the tap! Charcoal water filters do not leave this horrible after taste and they can be used to fertilise plants when you’re done!
Thanks for your review Miriam. We do hear this about commercial water filters and are glad you find these a great alternative! Your plants will be happy too!
excellent I have been using them for a while now, and I have bought two more sets one for me and one for my daughter who has gone to uni.When charcoal filters have worked their magic with the water i use them to keep odors in the fridge under control and in trainers for odor eaters, works a treat when done with them I put them in my home composter.
Hi Deborah, thanks for taking the time to review the charcoal water filters. Great tips there too! Glad you love them.
I love all the items purchased! Fast delivery.
Hi Laura, thanks for your review. We’re delighted you love all your purchases!