Designed and handmade in the UK, this luxury, eco-friendly Bean Chair has fantastic eco credentials. Suitable for both interiors and outdoor space.
Covered in the highest-quality water-repellent cotton fabric and generously filled with compostable BioFoam beads, which are child and pet friendly, don't harm the environment and help the Bean Chair keep its shape for your ultimate comfort.
The Bean Chair is designed with a high back to provide posture support and a deep base for a more comfortable seating experience. It consists of multiple panels to create a more structured shape with an indented seating panel, so it sits more like a feature chair and will hold its shape even when not in use. A matching cotton piped detailed edge is added for an added high-quality furnished look. The top panels have a contrast top stitching that matches the base for a high-quality finish.
Use alone or combine with other products from The Big Beanbag Company range.
Designed and manufactured in the UK by The Big Beanbag Company, who have a truly environmentally-friendly ethos. They have taken every step to make sure all their products are as eco-friendly as possible from fabric to filling so you can rest assured that your Bean Chair has a minimal impact on the environment.
Particular eco credentials include:
- The outer fabric is heavy-duty, waxed cotton so splash-resistant
- The threads are made from recycled plastic bottles
- The filling is 100% compostable (BioFoam beads, a compostable biopolymer made from plants. The Big Beanbag Company are the only company in the world using this vegetable-based alternative to polystyrene bag fillings).
- It is designed to be durable and hard-wearing
- Handmade in the UK to minimise carbon footprint
- Packaged simply in a cardboard box
- The BioFoam filling is held in an inner calico zipped bag, so that the outer bag can be removed for washing
- The Bean Chair comes pre-filled so its ready to use straight out of the box
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- The outer bag is 100% natural so no nasty chemicals are against the skin
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for decoration
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Measures 90cm high and 85cm diameter
Care and cleaning
With a high-quality wax finish, the cover is splash resistant. Any attempt to spot clean should be done with a cold, damp, soft cloth with no chemicals added. Any heat added to the fabric will melt and damage the wax, reducing its water repellent coating. To change the cover, please use the safety pin supplied with the product. Place it through your zipper, pull to open the zips auto-lock, and remove the pin once closed.
- We advise to keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid natural bleaching of colours
- We advise not to leave your beanbag out in the rain as this will result in damage
- Do not leave your product outdoors when not in use, it will dramatically reduce the longevity of your bean product.
- Store indoors or in a dry area
- Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your bean bag product and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to their original shape
- As the outer cover is made from 100% cotton some bobbling will occur due to the natural fibres, this is normal. Use a lint remover over the worst areas to remove the fluff. This will cause no harm to the product but will have it looking as good as new.
- Any loose threads should be cut and not pulled as this will damage the product
Note that this product will be dispatched to you directly from the manufacturer in Cornwall (in a box without plastic packaging!). All products are made by hand in their warehouse so please allow 1-2 weeks from date of order to delivery. This also means it will be dispatched separately to any other items in the same order. The Green Turtle will dispatch other items as usual.
Note that we will provide your name, email and address details to The Big Beanbag Company so that they can fulfil your order and provide you with tracking information. No other data will be shared with them. Please do contact us if you have any queries about this.